In the early part of 1900 during the American Regime, Tuba started to have a written history of its own. Tuba was then a part or the Baguio Township. In fact, when the American started their administration, Baguio was made Capital of Benguet when the first civil government was established in 1900. During this time, Don Mateo was offered the position of Township President but declined in favor of his eldest son Sioco Cariño, who thence became the first President under the New Administration.
On November 22, 1900, Tuba was made a Township by virtue of Act No. 18 and Act No. 1397. The Township form of government continued until July 1909, when then Justice George A. Malcolm was assigned to make a study of Baguio’s governmental possibilities to be improved. Based on the report submitted by Justice Malcolm, a law was passed to provide a more appropriate government for Baguio. Act No. 1963 otherwise known as the Baguio Charter took effect on September 1, 1909. Baguio was then made a chartered city to succeed the township form of government.
On December 11, 1911, Cameron Forbes then Governor General of the Philippines issued Executive No. 77 which abolished the Township of Twin Peaks and creating in its stead the Township of Tuba. To comprise the Township are the Barrios of Topinao, Nangalisan, San Pascual, Taloy, Tabaan, Balangabang, Dongon, and all those barrios formerly part of the Township of Baguio which lie immediately outside of and to the south of Baguio Town site Reservation. In the course of time, the original seven Barrios (now barangay) increased to thirteen. These barangays are: Ansagan, Camp 1, Camp 3, Camp 4, Nangalisan, San Pascual, Tabaan Norte, Tabaan Sur, Tadiangan, Taloy Norte, Taloy Sur and Twin Peaks.